Sunday, May 1, 2011

Observations for Friday, April 29th, 2011

As stated on Thursday, Friday was prepped to be a pretty nice day seeing as the barometric pressure had been rising all day on Thursday.  My thoughts seemed to have been correct, as Friday turned out to be one of the most gorgeous days of the spring so far.  At 3 pm, the temperature was 64 degrees, but winds were blowing pretty strongly from the southeast at 13 MPH.  The southern winds helped to bring warmer air to the region, and the lower pressure helped to give us relatively clear, sunny skies.  Even though today was a nicer day, I still feel like temperatures for this time of year are much lower than usual...  The trees haven't even budded yet, and it's frankly starting to get a bit annoying that they haven't.  It still feels like winter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel