Friday, May 6, 2011

Observations for Friday, May 6th, 2011

Today was a mix of nice, clear skies and gloomy clouds.  It seemed as though at some points, it would be quite sunny and warm, and then the next minute, it would be cool, breezy and cloudy.  The temperature at the time of my observations was 57 degrees, and the barometric pressure was 1029.78 mb.  Winds were calm, and skies were mostly cloudy.  The clouds throughout the day made it really seem much cooler than what I would have expected.  If we take a look at the current conditions map below, we can see that the United States is pretty much completely littered with low pressure systems and quite a bit of interestingly spotty precipitation "pods."  I think that within the next two days we might experience some significant rainfall, due to the approaching low pressure system and the stationary/cold front that is looming just north of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel