Monday, May 2, 2011

Observations for Monday, May 2nd, 2011

At this point, I honestly don't blame the budding trees for getting mixed messages.  This spring (if you can even call it that), it's been decent out one day, and really crappy out the next.  It's really getting annoying.  At the time of my observations here on Monday, the temperature was 35 degrees, though it really felt like 30 with the dew point and the wind chill.  Winds are blowing from the north at 5 MPH, and the pressure is 1030.27 mb.  Since this morning, the pressure has been rising steadily, but not by much.  This might be an indication that we could experience nicer weather tomorrow afternoon or so.  As far as clouds in the sky, it has been pretty darn overcast all day long, with cumulostratus clouds looming overhead.  As stated earlier, I would predict clearer skies tomorrow based on the rising pressure, but temperatures will probably remain less than stellar.  If we check out the map below, we can see a strong amount of thunderstorms currently taking place in the lower midwest and into the southern states, and we can see the clear squall line of thunderstorms to the east of Texas and over Louisiana.


P.S. - Make sure to check the pictures and links tab of my blog soon for some more cool updates!!!!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel