Friday, March 11, 2011

Observations for Thursday, March 10th and Friday, March 11th

It looks like temperatures are becoming more and more mild, and it looks like winter is finally on it's slow way out (thank God).  On Thursday, temperatures at around 3 were at about 37 degrees, with winds blowing from the northwest at 7 MPH.  For most of the day, there didn't seem to be any cloud cover, and it was clear.  This is likely due to the high pressure system in the area.  Friday was much of the same, but a notable thing about the day was the freezing fog in the morning.  This only persisted in the early morning, so I was not able to distinguish what type of fog it was, though I'm guessing it was due to the condensation of all of the snow on the ground.  For most of the afternoon, skies were clear, and the temperature at 4 was 40 degrees.  Wind speed at the same time was quite significant, however, blowing from the southeast at 15 MPH.  I believe that it will continue to get warmer, as I have predicted, but we might see a low pressure system move in and bring some precipitation within the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel