Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Observations for Wednesday, March 9th, 2011

Today, I was happy to see that the precipitation that I predicted was actually dumped upon us, and though it may not have seemed so, in relatively decent amounts.  Because temperatures were so warm today (upwards of 40 degrees), the snow that fell from the sky almost immediately turned into a nasty slush when it hit the ground or even before it did, which made things quite messy.  Temperatures around 10:20 were steady at about 32 degrees, and winds were blowing from the northwest at about 12 MPH.  The dew point was about 25 degrees, giving us a relative humidity of 69%.  Based on the current conditions map posted below, I believe that we have seen an end to precipitation for at least a little while, and I would predict temperatures to steadily drop, probably by about ten degrees in the next couple of days.  This is due to a high pressure system that will likely be moving into our area.  I also expect some clearer skies with more sun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel