Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Observations for Tuesday, March 29th and Wednesday, March 30th

The warm-up that I've predicted is fortunately taking place after a long six or seven day stretch of snow and rain.  The temperature at 3:00 on Tuesday was about 37 degrees, and winds were blowing from the north at 4.6 MPH.  Skies were very clear, and only a few cirrus clouds loomed overhead.  Overall, it was quite the enjoyable afternoon.  Today was much of the same, but a bit warmer.  The temperature at 3:00 was about 42 degrees, with no wind and very clear skies.  If we take a look at the weather map for today, we can see that there is quite the dominant high pressure system over the upper-midwest, and little wind in most of the area.  The weather is a bit stormier towards the west, but nothing truly significant exists.  I was checking out some weather maps for the current conditions, and came across a really neat water vapor map that illustrates the extreme difference in water vapor amounts out east.  When comparing this to the US current weather map, the water vapor difference probably has something to do with the fact that there are 2 cold fronts almost adjacent to each other in the southeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel