Monday, April 4, 2011

Observations for Monday, April 4th, 2011

It was quite hard to get out of bed this morning, as it was incredibly gloomy outside so the sun could not wake me up like most mornings.  Needless to say, it felt like quite the lazy morning.  At the time of this observation, the actual temperature was about 43 degrees with very strong winds blowing from the NNW at 22 MPH sometimes gusting to 31 MPH.  Due to the strong winds, it really didn't feel like it was 43 degrees outside, and it felt more like 30 degrees.  It's also been drizzling here and there, further adding to the cold feeling outside.  If we take a look at today's weather map, we can see that there is a low pressure system almost directly to our northeast, which is likely leading to our gloomy weather.  There's also an extremely strong cold front crossing over the midwest to the northeastern states, with strong storms right ahead of it.  This is interesting to note, because the jet stream is quite similar to the trend on the current weather map.  I would expect it to get very sunny out within the next few days, and warmer temperatures will follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel