Sunday, April 17, 2011

Observations for Thursday, April 14th, 2011 and Friday, April 15th, 2011

Strong winds have pretty much been the theme of the last four days or so, with some gusts reaching over 30 MPH.  On Thursday, the temperature was 44 degrees at 3 pm with variable winds at about 5 MPH, but that speed was not consistent throughout the day, as speeds were easily over 21 MPH earlier in the day.  It's probably important to note that winds were mostly coming from the north/northwest for most of the day.  With the high winds, it really felt about 10 degrees colder on average than the actual temperatures.  On Friday, it was a bit warmer at 3 pm, with temperatures at about 46 degrees, but even stronger winds blowing from the northeast at a whopping 23 MPH.  These extremely strong winds made it feel even colder than the day before, unfortunately.  There was a mix of clouds throughout both days, and we did experience a bit of light snow on Friday afternoon, though it didn't accumulate to much of anything.  The strong winds seem to have continued through the weekend, though it doesn't seem like it's gotten too much colder out.  I would expect a slow warming trend to start within the next week to quell all of the strong winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel