Thursday, April 28, 2011

Observations for Wednesday, April 27th, 2011

Today was yet another cold and cloudy spring day in Eau Claire.  In fact, it really didn't seem like spring at all.  The temperature at the time of my observations was 36 degrees, but with northwest winds at 7 MPH made it feel more like 30 degrees.  In the morning when I woke up, it was drizzling outside, and it really stayed that way for most of the day.  In fact, at one point, I believe it even snowed a bit.  If we take a look at the map below, we can see that the storm that is currently out east is on it's last leg, based on the fact that we can see an occluded front right above Michigan.  Within the next few days, I would expect a high pressure system to move closer to our area, but then I would suspect a low pressure system from the northwest to move in bringing more crappy weather on possibly Sunday or Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel