Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Observations for Tuesday, April 19th and Wednesday, April 20th, 2011

Throughout the course of yesterday and today, we've experienced cooler temperatures, overcast skies, and light snow.  I was predicting quite a bit more of precipitation than what we actually got, but I'm not complaining one bit, as most of the snow melted after a few hours of staying on the ground.  At 3 pm on Tuesday, the temperature was about 41 degrees and winds were blowing from the east at 13 MPH.  The east wind signaled inclement weather to come, and like I said earlier, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  Light snow persisted throughout the night, and collected on the ground through this morning.  Today at 3 pm, the temperature was 42 degrees, with winds blowing from the west at 11 MPH.  Skies again at this time were overcast, but the changed wind direction helped to show that our snowy weather was likely on its way out.  For the next few days, we'll probably see a slow warm-up with a day or two of precipitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel