Monday, February 14, 2011

Observations for Monday, February 14th, 2011

Well, it was certainly nice to see a significant warm-up over the last weekend.  The warm-up lasted through today as well, and since a high pressure system is lurking over us, skies were clear and it was quite pleasant out.  I did notice that there were significantly higher winds this weekend and today, however, and that is likely due to the fact that we were near the center of the high pressure system.  Winds are currently blowing from the northwest at 7 mph, and the temperature is a steady 23 degrees.  Not only would the northwest winds likely describe the warmer weather, but I believe that the current pattern of the jet stream describes it more.  I'm glad that my weather predictions from last week were at least slightly correct... in the coming days, I would expect more warm weather, but eventually a low pressure system will move in with some precipitation.

The picture below illustrates the path of the jet stream and the warm weather coming from it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel