Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Observations for Tuesday, February 15th, 2011

Stepping outside for my observations tonight, it was surprisingly mild, yet cloudy.  It's really starting to feel like spring outside, at 38 degrees with winds blowing from the south at 8 mph.  Dew point was at 28 degrees.  It was also quite dry out today, and at the end of this blog post I'll post a picture from accuweather.com of the colored water vapor satellite image for today that shows how little water vapor is in the air around Eau Claire.  So far, I've been correct with my predictions of warmer weather, and it seems like it will continue with warmer winds continuing to blow from the south.

Here's the image I mentioned above:


Looks like the link for the picture didn't work...here's a link to the page on accuweather.com:
http://www.accuweather.com/us/satellite/wv/un/satellite.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel