Thursday, February 17, 2011

Observations for Thursday, February 17th, 2011

Today was probably one of the warmest days that we've had all winter.  At the time of my observations, temperatures were at 39 degrees, but for most of the day they were close to 50.  Winds were blowing from the west at about 17 MPH, making it a little gustier that yesterday.  There was also a significant amout of fog in the air today as well, likely because of the snow melting and evaporating due to the warm air.  I would expect the warming trend to end soon, mainly because of the overcast days we've been experiencing and the lower pressure system that's moving through now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel