Thursday, February 24, 2011

Observations for Thursday, February 24th, 2011

This morning started out quite cloudy, and then began to clear up by early afternoon.  Temperatures at the time of my observations were at about 25 degrees, with a wind blowing from the north at 9 MPH.  Towards the end of the day, clouds began to gather again and it became quite overcast outside.  Based on our lecture in class today, I would have to say that they were a type of stratus cloud, based on the blanket-like structure of them.   It was also fairly dry at the time of my observations as well, as seen in the water vapor map below.  You can see the large areas of green where the low pressure system is moving through, and the clearer areas are where cold fronts are moving through with little wind.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel