Monday, February 7, 2011

Observations for Monday, February 7th, 2011

This morning I left my house in Green Bay to come back to Eau Claire at 5:45 a.m., and at that point I already knew that it was going to be a pretty cloudy day with likely precipitation.  This was because of the fact that winds are blowing from the northwest, and a low pressure system/cold front is moving into the area (see graphic below).  As I neared Eau Claire, I hit quite the patch of snow, and visibility was quite low at the time.  The day went on, and the snow cleared up, and at the time of my observations at about 5 p.m., it was about 11 degrees out with winds still blowing from the northwest at 10 mph.  In the next few days, I would predict temperatures to grow colder, then steadily rise due to the low pressure system, but we may see a bit of precipitation mixed in there as well.  

Here's a map from weather.com depicting the current weather conditions in the U.S.:


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel