Thursday, February 10, 2011

Observations for Thursday, February 10th, 2011

Though today was feeling a bit warmer outside than the last few days, it was still extremely cold when I went out to do my observations today.  Temperatures at the time of my observations were at a balmy (haha...) -1 degrees, with winds blowing from the southwest at 4 mph, which is nice, because if the winds were blowing any harder, it would feel much colder out.  Skies are quite clear, which clearly contributes to why it is so cold out.  There is no cloud "blanket" over the earth to help keep warmer air from escaping into the atmosphere.  The last few days, I have been predicting a warming trend, and I still do predict that, though it's coming a lot slower than what I thought it would be.  In the map below, you can see a low pressure system moving into the area, which is why I believe that we might see a warming trend within the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire studying History and Religious Studies. I love to sing country music and play guitar, as well as try to write my own songs (though I usually fail at the latter). I love the Green Bay Packers, and hope they will win the Super Bowl this year. Family is very important to me as well. Some day, I either hope to attend Grad. School or move to Nashville to pursue a music career.

Weather Channel